Over five million people affected by bad weather in PH — OCD
The number of persons affected by the combined effects of tropical cyclones Luis and Maymay and the ongoing southwest monsoon (habagat) has climbed to around 5.08 million, residing in 10 regions, the Office of Civil Defense (OCD) said on Monday.
Philippine News Agency
17 August 2026 at 13:32:05
MANILA – The number of persons affected by the combined effects of tropical cyclones Luis and Maymay and the ongoing southwest monsoon (habagat) has climbed to around 5.08 million, residing in 10 regions, the Office of Civil Defense (OCD) said on Monday.
In a message to reporters, OCD information officer Diego Mariano said the affected individuals are equivalent to around 1.45 million families from the Ilocos Region, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon, Bicol Region, Western Visayas, Zamboanga Peninsula, Calabarzon, Cordillera Administrative Region, National Capital Region, and Mimaropa.
He said about 523 evacuation centers currently house around 7,182 families or 24,893 persons.
Assistance provided so far totaled to around PHP734.1 million, he said.
Deaths being verified are placed at 23, with 15 in Benguet, three each for Rizal and Batangas, and one each in La Union and Quezon.
Meanwhile, the number of injured was placed at 17, with one missing person.
Totally damaged houses were placed at around 182 while partially damaged, 1,681.
Philippine News Agency
LATEST NEWS
TOP SPORTS NEWS
Paraluman News Publication, Inc.
desk@myparaluman.ph
Tektite Towers (East), Exchange Road
Ortigas Center. San Antonio 1600
City of Pasig, NCR, Philippines
+63284298877
EXPLORE
Editorial Standards and Code of Ethics
Privacy Policy
User Policy
COMMUNITY
Contributor Terms
Community Guidelines
Advertise with Paraluman News
ACCOUNTABILITY & SAFETY
Submit a Claim for Fact-Checking
© 2026 Paraluman News Publication






