Senate issues new subpoenas to former bank managers in VP Sara Duterte impeachment trial
Presiding officer and Senator-Judge Francis “Chiz” Escudero directed the clerk of court to issue subpoenas to former Land Bank Shaw Boulevard branch manager Violeta Constantino and former LandBank DepEd branch manager Nenita Camposano.
Paraluman News
July 24, 2026

A screen grab of a photo of Presiding Officer Francis Escudero on the Facebook page of Senator Francis Escudero
The Senate impeachment court on Wednesday approved new subpoenas compelling two former Land Bank of the Philippines branch managers to appear at the impeachment trial of Vice President Sara Duterte when it resumes next week.
Presiding officer and Senator-Judge Francis “Chiz” Escudero directed the clerk of court to issue subpoenas to former Land Bank Shaw Boulevard branch manager Violeta Constantino and former LandBank DepEd branch manager Nenita Camposano.
The two witnesses are expected to testify at the House prosecution panel on Article I of the Articles of Impeachment, which accuses Duterte of improperly using P612.5 million in confidential funds—P500 million during her tenure as vice president and P112.5 million while serving as education secretary.
House Lead Prosecutor Gerville Luistro said Constantino would be called to the witness stand first, with Camposano scheduled to testify afterward.
During the proceedings, defense counsel Mark Vinluan asked whether the prosecution intended to present more than one witness at the next hearing.
“We will be issuing the subpoena for both, in case,” Escudero replied.
“I have no idea if it’s going to be a short direct and cross and/or re-cross. So we shall see. Kindly prepare for the two witnesses on that day,” Escudero told the defense panel.
The court had earlier withdrawn the subpoenas issued to the two former LandBank officials on July 21 after the cross-examination of National Bureau of Investigation Director Melvin Matibag extended into Wednesday's proceedings.
The impeachment trial is scheduled to resume on July 29 at 10 a.m., following President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.'s fifth State of the Nation Address on July 27 and the minority bloc's traditional "Kontra-SONA" the following day.
Paraluman News Publication, Inc.
desk@myparaluman.ph
Tektite Towers (East), Exchange Road
Ortigas Center. San Antonio 1600
City of Pasig, NCR, Philippines
+63284298877
EXPLORE
Editorial Standards and Code of Ethics
Privacy Policy
User Policy
COMMUNITY
Contributor Terms
Community Guidelines
Advertise with Paraluman News
ACCOUNTABILITY & SAFETY
Submit a Claim for Fact-Checking
© 2026 Paraluman News Publication